The Association of Academic Chairs in Emergency Medicine (AACEM) is excited to offer three scholarships for the AACEM Chair Development Program (CDP). These scholarships cover the full tuition of $3,950 for the CDP and a $2,500 travel stipend. Applications NOW OPEN. Deadline: October 4, 2021
This scholarship supports participation by a rising female academic emergency medicine leader who supports the AWAEM mission. Applications Deadline: October 4, 2021
The mission of AWAEM is:
- to initiate and support a network for female physicians to facilitate mentoring and research collaboration;
- to compile and share knowledge, information, and resources concerning issues pertaining to women in academic EM through research, education, and faculty development initiatives;
- to create and sustain a systematic framework for attracting women in medical school and residency to academic EM;
- to provide for the ongoing retention and advancement of women in academic emergency medicine, in areas such as faculty development and leadership mentoring;
- to identify possible barriers to the advancement of women in academic emergency medicine and develop strategies to address them;
- to monitor statistics on women in academic emergency medicine to better understand the issues facing our specialty and to measure outcomes.
*Must be a current AWAEM Member to apply.
This scholarship supports a rising leader who represents the ADIEM mission. Applications Deadline: October 4, 2021
The mission of ADIEM is:
- to promote equal access to quality healthcare and the elimination of disparities in treatment and outcomes through education and research;
- to enhance the retention and promotion of those historically under-represented in medicine and to create an inclusive environment for the training of emergency medicine providers; specifically using the AAMC’s guide “to unite expertise, experience and innovation to inform and guide the advancement of diversity and inclusion in emergency medicine;
- to enhance the professional development of all EM faculty and residents with respect to culturally competent medical care.
*Must be a current ADIEM Member to apply.
C. Christopher King, MD Scholarship
Applications Deadline: October 4, 2021
This scholarship was created in memory of C. Christopher King, MD of Albany Medical Center Hospital. He was a valued physician leader and a tremendous mentor to faculty, residents, and students. Dr. King collaborated enthusiastically with nursing leadership and advanced practice professionals and other allied health professionals to deliver high quality patient care. His enthusiasm for excellence in pediatric emergency care was inspirational. He was the consummate academic emergency physician.