SAEM presents awards in recognition of excellence in our field, for contributions improving the health of society, and for academic achievements. The awards committee is committed to an inclusive process of granting awards, reflecting the full spectrum of diversity of our membership. We encourage you to nominate a diverse pool of candidates for all SAEM awards. View past award winners here.
Award Categories (Faculty)
The following faculty-level awards are offered by SAEM:
- John Marx Leadership Award
- Excellence in Research Award
- Hal Jayne Excellence in Education Award
- Marcus L. Martin Leadership in Diversity and Inclusion Award
- Advancement of Women in Academic Emergency Medicine Award
- NEW! Mentor Award
- Mid-career Investigator Award
- Public Health Leadership Award
- FOAMed Excellence in Education Award
- Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award
- Young Investigator Award
- NEW! Fellow Award - Critical Care, EMS, Pediatrics
- SAEM/RAMS Research Award
- SAEM/RAMS Education Award
- SAEM/RAMS Leadership Award
- Medical Student Excellence in Emergency Medicine Award
Although it is not recommended to nominate oneself, self-nominations will be accepted.
Nominees that are submitted will be reviewed by the Awards Committee and selected based on guidelines shown for each award. Pay special attention to these guidelines and to each submission's due date.
SAEM Board of Directors are not eligible to receive an award while they are serving.
SAEM also recognizes excellent performance and participation at the SAEM Annual Meeting. Award winners are personally recognized at the meeting the following year. Award categories are:
- Best Basic Science Award
- Best Faculty Award
- Best Fellow Award
- Best Medical Student Award
- Best Resident Award
- Best Young Investigator Presentation