NIH and Other Funders
The breadth of interest within emergency medicine means that a very wide array of funding opportunities are available, both from private foundations and local, state, and federal government agencies. Two important sources of long-term, large-scale funding are the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Both organizations update new grant opportunities on a weekly basis. Both the NIH and the CDC have available list serves that can send you updates directly. Relevant links can be found below.
Updated Content provided by the SAEM Research Committee.
National Institutes of Health
- Office of Extramural Research: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/oer.htm
- NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts (Updated Weekly): https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/index.html
- NIH Guide Listserv: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/listserv.htm
- NIH Center for Scientific Review videos
- NNIH Tips for Applicants video