James G. Adams, MD, Northwestern Medicine
Moderated by: Vytas Karalius, MD, MPH, MA, Northwestern Medicine
What you’ll learn from Dr. Adams:
- What do you think is the greatest challenge in delivering emergency medical care today?
- The many different paths into an administrative role can be difficult to navigate. Tell us about some of the roles that you held and how your career prepared you for your role as chair and Chief Medical Officer.
- Did you always have this as a career goal?
- What do you look for in a new faculty hire?
- What are some do’s and don’ts for interviewing?
- You have done substantial work in healthcare quality and safety. What are your thoughts on quality metrics and the way that they are chosen and developed?
- Burnout and early retirement is a hot topic in Emergney Medicine. What are your strategies to combat this?
- And, what can residents and medical students do now to avoid this?
- Do you have any other advice or wisdom for our listeners?