Benjamin C. Sun, MD, MPP, Penn Medicine-Department of Emergency Medicine
Moderated by: Vytas Karalius, MD, MPH, MA, Northwestern Medicine
What you’ll learn from Dr. Sun:
- I noticed that you hold a Master’s Degree in Public Policy. This seems to be a growing section of Emergency Medicine. What do you think is the role of EM physicians in the policy realm, and how can medical students and residents that have a special interest in this area get more involved?
- I recently got involved in a project focusing on patient satisfaction during COVID, and I recognized your name as a frequent contributor to the literature in the realm of patient safety and quality. How did you develop this research interest?
- What advice can you give to medical students, residents, and even junior faculty looking to build a research career?
- I noticed that you were a professor with tenure at a different institution prior to taking a role of Chair at the University of Pennsylvania. As trainees, we are used to well defined career transitions. How did you know when to initiate these transitions as an attending physician?
- Did you always aspire to be a chair, or was this something that developed later in your career?
- Do you have any other advice or wisdom for our listeners?