Ava Pierce, MD, UT Southwestern Medical Center and Marquita Norman Hicks, MD, Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Moderator: David Lewandowski, PGY-4, Lincoln Medical & Mental Health Center
SAEM Academy: SAEM Academy for Diversity & Inclusion in Emergency Medicine (ADIEM)
What you will learn from Dr. Pierce and Dr. Hicks:
- What is the SAEM Academy for Diversity & Inclusion all about and what makes it unique?
- What are the best ways for residents and medical students to get involved with your academy?
- What resources does your academy have for students and residents?
- How did each of you end up where you are and what advice do you have for a resident or student who wants to follow a similar path?
- How does being a member of ADIEM help me as a resident or student?
- Tell me about one initiative or something that each of you are hoping to accomplish during your presidential year in ADIEM.