RAMS Innovative Educator Award
It is vital to have educators that are dedicated to being innovative in emergency medicine. Innovation requires creativity and courage, while education requires a strong knowledge base and a sense of responsibility for learners' needs.
- Please provide a detailed example of how you combined both the qualities of an innovator and educator into one to better serve those learning from you. (Word limit: 500 words)
- Describe your greatest accomplishment in medical education and why it was significant, or Describe your most innovative medical education endeavor and why it was significant (Word limit: 500 words)
Nominations may be submitted by any SAEM member. Nominations should include a copy of the candidate's CV and a cover letter describing his or her qualifications. Each completed application must include the following:
- Nominee information
- Nominee’s CV
- An essay addressing each of the two prompts above
- Letter of recommendation from faculty mentor, residency program director, or department chair
- A color photo of nominee (.jpg 300 DPI high resolution)
- Person nominating award candidate (include mailing address, phone and fax numbers and email address)
- Contact information of department administrator or media persons that should be notified if the award is received.
Leonardo Aliaga, MD
Chief Resident Physician
UC Davis Health