RAMS Excellence in Education Award
The RAMS Excellence in Education Award is given annually to a senior emergency medicine resident who has demonstrated exceptional aptitude and passion for teaching during residency.
The Awards Committee is committed to an inclusive process of granting awards, reflecting the full spectrum of diversity of our membership. We encourage you to nominate a diverse pool of candidates for all awards.
The nomination period for 2024 SAEM Awards is October 1 to December 9, 2023.
New this year, the SAEM Awards Committee has developed a standardized letter template for you to use when creating your nomination packet.Submit Your Nomination Download Nomination Letter Template
The award is presented during the SAEM Annual Meeting. Previous recipients of the award are ineligible for further nomination for this award. Candidates may be nominated by any SAEM member and are evaluated by the Awards Committee on their accomplishments in the education of emergency physicians and others, including:
- Didactic/bedside (with impact assessments)
- Courses - development, advancement (with impact assessments)
- Development of new techniques of instruction or instructional material
- Scholarly works (research on education, text chapter and textbooks, reviews, and other science behind teaching)
- Presentations at regional, national, and international meetings
- Recognition or awards by students, residents, or peers
- Grants supporting education or education research.
Nominations may be submitted by any SAEM member. Nominations should include a copy of the candidate's CV and a cover letter describing his or her qualifications. Each completed application must include the following:
- Nominee information
- Nominee’s CV
- An essay addressing each of the two prompts above (please download the standardized letter template to create your essay)
- Letter of recommendation from faculty mentor, residency program director, or department chair (these may use the standardized letter template or be written free-form, limited to 2 pages)
- A color photo of nominee (.jpg 300 DPI high resolution)
- Person nominating award candidate (include mailing address, phone and fax numbers and email address)
- Contact information of department administrator or media persons that should be notified if the award is received.