Advancement of Women in Academic Emergency Medicine Award
Nominations Now: Closed
SAEM is soliciting nominees for the Advancement of Women in Academic Emergency Medicine Award. This award honors a SAEM member who has made significant contributions to the advancement of women in academic emergency medicine. The Awards Committee wishes to consider as many exceptional candidates as possible. The awards committee is committed to an inclusive process of granting awards, reflecting the full spectrum of diversity of our membership. We encourage you to nominate a diverse pool of candidates for all SAEM awards.
The nomination of both women and men who have contributed toward the purpose of this award will be accepted. Candidates are evaluated for their impact on advancing the individual, as well as the collective successes of women in academic emergency medicine positions. This award is intended to address contributions not addressed by other SAEM Awards. Criteria for the award include:
- Mentoring and support of women in EM academic productivity and advancement
- National leadership in support of women in academic EM
- Contributions to the advancement of EM regionally, nationally, or internationally
Nominations may be submitted by any current SAEM member. Nominations should include a copy of the candidate's CV and a cover letter describing his or her qualifications. Each completed application must include the following:
- Name (first name, middle initial, last name, earned degrees)
- Brief 1-2 paragraph biographical summary of the candidate
- Person nominating the candidate (include mailing address, phone and fax numbers, and email address)
- Statement on the candidate's impact on individual women or groups of women in academic emergency medicine with clear examples and detail (limited to 2 pages)
- While not required, up to 2 additional supporting letters may be submitted (each limited to 2 pages)
- A color photo of the nominee (.jpg 300 DPI high resolution)
- Person nominating award candidate (including mailing address, phone and fax numbers and email address)
- Contact information of department administrator or media persons that should be notified if the award is received.
Margaret E. Samuels-Kalow, MD, MPhil, MSHP
Massachusetts General Hospital
“Missed Opportunities + New Strategies: Addressing Adverse SDoH in the ED"