Mentor AwardSAEM seeks nominations for the Mentor Award. This award honors a SAEM member who has mentored the career advancement of other SAEM members.
Any SAEM member may nominate a candidate. Previous awardees are ineligible. Candidates are evaluated on the extent, quality, and effectiveness in their mentoring contributions including but not limited to those related to:
- Academic career: how the mentor helped mentees thrive in an academic career in emergency medicine
- Choice of Emergency Medicine: how the mentor influenced mentees in choosing emergency medicine as a career
- Research: how the mentor helped mentees with research design, publications, grant awards, or a career devoted to research
- Education: how the mentor helped mentees with bedside and classroom teaching.
The nomination must include:
- A current CV of the candidate
- A brief (1-2 paragraph) biographical summary
- A cover letter by the nominator addressing above areas and the impact/future potential of the work on emergency medicine and physicians (limited to 2 pages)
- While not required, no more than 2 additional support letters may be forwarded (each limited to 2 pages)
- A color photo of the nominee (.jpg 300 DPI high resolution)
- Person nominating award candidate (include mailing address, phone and fax numbers and email address)
- Contact information of department administrator or media persons that should be notified if the award is received.