FOAMed Excellence in Education Award
This award honors a SAEM member who has made outstanding contributions to the online learning community of emergency medicine through innovative and engaging FOAMed content. The Awards Committee wishes to consider as many exceptional candidates as possible. The awards committee is committed to an inclusive process of granting awards, reflecting the full spectrum of diversity of our membership. We encourage you to nominate a diverse pool of candidates for all SAEM awards.
Award Nominations Now Closed.
Previous recipients of the award are ineligible for further nomination for this award. Candidates may be nominated by any SAEM member or can self-nominate. They will be evaluated by the Awards Committee on their accomplishments in the education of emergency care providers and trainees using online content, using the criteria below.
- Innovative interactivity of the online content. We will consider all domains of online content such as Website, Podcast, Videos, etc.
- Exemplary use of up-to-date content reducing the window of knowledge translation
- Effective and unique educational model, progressing the quality of online content
- Incorporation of FOAMed into the academic sphere through validation and publication of methodology
- Transparent and robust editorial process for the educational content.
The nomination must include:
- A current CV of the candidate
- A brief (1-2 paragraph) biographical summary
- Titles of the content, which must have been published between dates 1/1/16 – 1/1/19
- Up to three URL links that demonstrate the nominee's work
- A cover letter by the nominator addressing the above areas and the impact on emergency medicine and physicians (limited to 2 pages)
- While not mandatory, a maximum of 2 additional support letters may be submitted (each limited to 2 pages)
- A color photo of the nominee (.jpg 300 DPI high resolution)
- Person nominating award candidate (include mailing address, phone and fax numbers and email address)
- Contact information of department administrator or media persons that should be notified if the award is received.