Tony Rosen, MD, MPH; Assistant Attending Physician, New York-Presbyterian Hospital; Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Weill Cornell Medicine
Moderator: Caitlin Rublee, MD, MPH, PGY-3, The Ohio State University
SAEM Academy: SAEM Academy of Geriatric Emergency Medicine (AGEM)
What you will learn from Dr. Rosen:
- Why is important to have an Academy of Geriatric Emergency Medicine?
- How do you define geriatrics and how did you become interested in this population?
- What does it mean to have geriatric emergency department accreditation?
- Your Academy is quite active on Twitter (@AGEM_SAEM). Can you share some of the ways social media helps with the academic mission of the Academy?
- Can you highlight some of the current research efforts focused around geriatrics?
- What opportunities are available for residents and medical students to get involved with your Academy?
- What resources would you recommend for students and residents interested in learning more about geriatrics?
- What is one thing we can all do to help support your mission on our next shift?