RAMS Excellence in Research Award
Nominations Now Open: Apply Now
The RAMS Excellence in Research Award is given annually to a senior emergency medicine resident or student who has demonstrated exceptional promise and early accomplishment in the creation of new knowledge. The awards committee is committed to an inclusive process of granting awards, reflecting the full spectrum of diversity of our membership. We encourage you to nominate a diverse pool of candidates for all awards.
The award is presented during the SAEM Annual Meeting. Previous awardees are ineligible. Candidates can be nominated by any SAEM member and are evaluated by the Awards Committee on their accomplishments in knowledge creation, including:
1. Research Accomplishments
- Impact of discovery
- Original research in peer-reviewed journals.
- Research support generated through grants and contracts (federal, foundation and industry).
- Other publications (e.g., review articles, book chapters, editorials)
- Peer-reviewed research presentations (lecture, abstract, panel)
- Peer review journal positions
- Grant review panel membership
- Local, regional and national organizational service relating to research
- National and international speaking invitations
- Recognition or awards by students, residents, or peers
- Regional, national or international recognition or awards
Nominations may be submitted by any SAEM member. Nominations should include a copy of the candidate's CV and a cover letter describing his or her qualifications. Each completed application must include the following:
- Nominee information
- Nominee’s CV
- An essay addressing each of the two prompts above
- Letter of recommendation from faculty mentor, residency program director, or department chair
- A color photo of nominee (.jpg 300 DPI high resolution)
- Person nominating award candidate (include mailing address, phone and fax numbers and email address)
- Contact information of department administrator or media persons that should be notified if the award is received.