The SAEM Foundation, in partnership with SAEM, provides grants to national and international universities and medical schools to help fund innovative research and education initiatives in the field of emergency medicine. In order for a project to be eligible for funding, it must fit into the scope of one of the grant categories listed below, and must support the mission of SAEM and the SAEM Foundation.
For information on how to apply, please visit How to Apply. New grant applicants may find the SAEMF Grant Submission Tutorial at the bottom of this page helpful.
Applications submitted after the deadline for submission will not be reviewed.
Now Accepting Applications
Applications due by 5 pm, CT on August 1, 2022.
- SAEMF Emerging Infectious Disease and Preparedness Grant - Up to $100,000
- Research Training Grant (RTG) - $300,000
- Research Large Project Grant (LPG) - $150,000
- Education Research Training Grant (ERG) - $100,000
- SAEM ARMED Pilot Grant - $25,000
- NEW! SAEMF Advanced Research Methodology Evaluation and Design in Medical Education (ARMED MedEd) Pilot Training Grant - $25,000
- Education Project Grant (EPG) - $20,000
- MTF/SAEMF Toxicology Research Grant - $20,000
- SAEMF/Clerkship Directors in Emergency Medicine (CDEM) Innovations in Undergraduate Emergency Medicine Education Grant - $5,000
- SAEMF/Resident and Medical Students (RAMS) Research Grant - $2,500 - $,5000
- SAEMF NIDA Mentor-Facilitated Training Award in Substance Use Disorders Science Dissemination –
$12,000 (Apply Summer 2022)
- Emergency Medicine Interest Group Grant (EMIG) – $500 – Applications due by 5 pm, CT in January 2023
- EMF-SAEM Medical Student Research Grant - Maximum $5,000 – Applications due by 5 pm, CT in February 2023
- GEMSSTAR for Emergency Medicine Supplemental Funding Program Applications due by 5 pm, CT in February 2023
Not all categories are offered every year.
Can't find what you need? Take a look at Other Funding Opportunities.