The SAEM Foundation, in partnership with SAEM, provides grants to national and international universities and medical schools to help fund innovative research and education initiatives in the field of emergency medicine. In order for a project to be eligible for funding, it must fit into the scope of one of the grant categories listed below, and must support the mission of SAEM and the SAEM Foundation. For information on how to apply, please visit How to Apply.
Applications submitted after the deadline for submission will not be reviewed.
SAEMF Grant Submission Tutorial
SAEM FOUNDATION OFFERS GRANTS IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
- NEW! SAEMF Emerging Infectious Disease and Preparedness Grant - Up to $100,000 (now includes faculty salary support)
- Research Training Grant (RTG) - $300,000 (new allowances for research support included)
- Research Large Project Grant (LPG) - $150,000
- Education Research Grant (ERG) - $100,000
- SAEM ARMED Pilot Grant - $25,000
- Education Project Grant (EPG) - $20,000
- MTF/SAEMF Toxicology Research Grant - $10,000
- SAEMF/Academy of Emergency Ultrasound (AEUS) Research Grant - $10,000
- SAEMF/Global Emergency Medicine Academy (GEMA) Research Pilot Grant - $10,000
- SAEMF/Academy for Women in Academic Emergency Medicine (AWAEM) Research Grant - $5,000
- SAEMF/Simulation Academy Novice Research Grant - $5,000
- SAEMF/Clerkship Directors in Emergency Medicine (CDEM) Innovations in Undergraduate Emergency Medicine Education Grant - $5,000
- SAEMF/Academy for Diversity and Inclusion in Emergency Medicine (ADIEM) Research Grant - $4,000
- SAEMF/Resident and Medical Students (RAMS) Research Grant - $2,500 - $,5000
- SAEMF NIDA Mentor-Facilitated Training Award in Substance Use Disorders Science Dissemination – $12,000
- Emergency Medicine Interest Group Grant (EMIG) -$500 - October 2020 - January 30, 2021
- GEMSSTAR for Emergency Medicine Supplemental Funding Program - October 2020 - February 15, 2021
- EMF-SAEM Medical Student Research Grant - February 5, 2021
Not all categories are offered every year.
Can't find what you need? Take a look at Other Funding Opportunities.