*The SAEM23 Program Committee is particularly seeking Pediatric Emergency Medicine Didactic submissions.
Didactic Submissions: Open August 15, 2022
Deadline: October 1, 2022 at 5 PM CT
SAEM is looking for high quality didactic submissions to be presented at SAEM23. The SAEM23 Program Committee will place a premium on innovative and interactive didactic sessions that provide a robust educational experience. Didactic sessions in the areas of pediatric emergency medicine research, teaching, and practice, are highly recommended.
Acceptance letters will be sent to submitters on or before December 9, 2022. Questions? Reach out to the SAEM Education Department.
- All proposals should support the mission of SAEM: "To lead the advancement of emergency care through education and research, advocacy, and professional development in academic emergency medicine."
- Audience engagement is key to an effective didactic; some didactics may have a more focused audience such as trainees, junior faculty, or senior faculty.
- Define both the proposed structure and content of your submission.
- Interactivity is a key to an effective didactic session. Submitters should describe the content of the proposed didactic in the "Description" field (including background, justification and topics to be discussed; 500 words max) and the structure of the proposed didactic in the "Didactic Plan" field (including the format and use of time; 150 words max).
- Please note that no tables or figures will be allowed in the 2023 didactic submission process.
Focused session (20 minutes, generally 1 or 2 speakers)
- Appropriate for most didactic sessions
- Format requires a precise, well-honed presentation
Expanded session (50 minutes, generally multiple speakers). Successful submissions for these sessions will require significant interactivity and breadth of content such as:
- Panel discussion
- Lecture or seminar style
- Interactive workshop with small group facilitators
August 15 to October 1, 2022