Medical Student Ambassadors Program
Each year, the SAEM Program Committee looks for enthusiastic and responsible medical students from around the country to work directly with SAEM leadership to assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of SAEM’s Annual Meeting. This group of medical students serves -- our Medical Student Ambassadors -- as the primary volunteer force at the Annual Meeting.
Applications for SAEM23 Medical Student Ambassadors are now closed.
- Opportunity to attend the full SAEM Annual Meeting and participate in didactics, poster sessions, and educational activities
- Waiver of the SAEM Annual Meeting registration fee
- One-on-one meeting with a member of SAEM leadership to act as your academic mentor
- A personal letter from the SAEM Program Committee chair to your dean of student affairs to acknowledge your contributions
- Be available for one week in May to attend the entire SAEM Annual Meeting
- Attend research and didactic sessions
- Tweet educational pearls from didactic research and sessions
- Encourage participants to complete online evaluations
- Assist in AV needs
- Facilitate transitions between lectures
- Be responsive and flexible to the needs of the Program Committee
Note: When not fulfilling your assigned responsibilities, you are free to attend and participate in other Annual Meeting events, sessions, and activities.
Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship
The RAMS Diversity Subcommittee is proud to announce: the SAEM RAMS Diversity and Inclusion MSA Scholarship. The scholarship will support two underrepresented minority medical student ambassadors, through a $600 stipend, to attend the SAEM Annual Meeting. To be considered for this the scholarship, the medical student must be an active SAEM member and provide a letter from his or her dean stating that he or she is excused from medical school during the duration of the SAEM Annual Meeting. If you wish to apply for this scholarship, click “yes” on the application form.
Don't delay! Early-bird registration for the Annual Meeting ends March 14, 2023.