Medical Student Ambassadors Program
Each year, the SAEM Program Committee looks for enthusiastic and responsible medical students from around the country to work directly with SAEM leadership to assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of SAEM’s Annual Meeting. This group of medical students — our Medical Student Ambassadors — serves as the primary volunteer force at the Annual Meeting.
Applications for SAEM24 Medical Student Ambassadors open December 1, 2023.
- Opportunity to attend the full SAEM Annual Meeting and participate in didactics, poster sessions, and educational activities
Waiver of the SAEM Annual Meeting registration fee
- One-on-one meeting with a member of SAEM leadership to act as your academic mentor
- A personal letter from the SAEM Program Committee chair to your dean of student affairs to acknowledge your contributions
- Be available for one week in May to attend the entire SAEM Annual Meeting
- Attend research and didactic sessions
- Tweet educational pearls from didactic research and sessions
- Encourage participants to complete online evaluations
- Assist in AV needs
- Facilitate transitions between lectures
- Be responsive and flexible to the needs of the Program Committee
RAMS Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship
The RAMS Diversity Subcommittee is offering the SAEM RAMS Diversity and Inclusion MSA Scholarship for SAEM24. The scholarship will support two underrepresented minority medical student ambassadors to attend the SAEM24 through a $700 stipend. To receive the scholarship, the medical student must be an active SAEM member and provide a letter from their dean stating that they are excused from medical school during the duration of SAEM24.
If you wish to be considered for this scholarship, click “yes” on the application form.