LGBTQIA+ Mentoring Program
Our new LGBTQIA+ Mentorship Family program is run by emergency medicine faculty and targeted towards EM medical students and residents seeking support in a low stress environment.
Mentorship Families will:
- Have 1-2 faculty members and a mix of residents and medical students across different institutions
- Meet every other month via Zoom to connect, check in, and discuss any issues that any member is facing
- Meet quarterly via Zoom with all participating Mentorship Families for planned panel discussions on topics of your choosing
- Potentially meet at the SAEM Annual Meeting every year to meet up in person
- Provide email, Zoom meeting, and text message-based group chats (GroupMe, WhatsApp, etc.) for a variety of communication avenues
- Offer both peer support and separate, informal one-on-one relationships supporting career advancement, with strict confidentiality maintained except if there is obvious imminent harm
Our one goal is to benefit you, the medical students and residents. ADIEM will continue tailoring this program to best suit the needs of our LGBTQIA+ members and community.
If you are interested in joining the Mentorship program, whether as a medical student, resident, or faculty member looking to mentor, please fill out this form.