Young Educator of the Year
The CDEM Young Educator of the Year award recognizes a medical student educator at the Clinical Instructor or Assistant Professor level and less than 10 year from residency completion who has made significant contributions to teaching and educating medical students. This award is presented at the annual CDEM meeting. The nominee must be a member of CDEM.
All nomination packets must include:
- Letter of support from nominator specifying: Which award the candidate is being nominated for.
- How the nominee fulfills the award criteria.
- What is the relationship of the nominator to the nominee (Chairman, Residency Director, etc.) Self nominations are accepted.
- Curriculum vitae and/or teaching portfolio of the nominee.
- Nominations may also include other supporting documentation, such as a detailed description of curricular innovations, teaching evaluations, letters of support from colleagues, supervisor or students, funded grant or project applications, and publications. The nomination pockets are reviewed and ranked numerically for each award.