The Clerkship Directors in Emergency Medicine (CDEM) offer awards in various categories for clerkship directors and clerkship coordinators in emergency medicine.
CDEM has both the honor and pleasure of recognizing medical student faculty educators from across the country for their national dedication, innovation and achievements to undergraduate medical education. It is a great opportunity to reward our colleagues for the work they do. The four CDEM awards are the Young Educator Award, Clerkship Director Award, Distinguished Educator Award and the Innovation Award. Additionally, CDEM recognizes residents with demonstrated skills in interests in teaching through the CDEM Resident Teacher Award. Descriptions of all awards are below. Specifically, all nominations (with the exception of the CDEM Resident Teacher Award) must include:
- Letter of support from nominator specifying: Which award the candidate is being nominated for.
- How the nominee fulfills the award criteria.
- What is the relationship of the nominator to the nominee (Chairman, Residency Director, etc.) Self nominations are accepted.
- Curriculum vitae and/or teaching portfolio of the nominee.
- Nominations may also include other supporting documentation, such as a detailed description of curricular innovations, teaching evaluations, letters of support from colleagues, supervisor or students, funded grant or project applications, and publications.
Nominations are reviewed and ranked numerically for each award.