Nominations for the 2024 AAAEM Awards are closed.
2025 AAAEM award nominations will open November 2024.
Rising Star AAAEM Award
Award Description: Rising Star AAAEM Award recognizes an academic emergency medicine administrator, who is an Active Member in good standing of AAAEM, who has demonstrated significant participation and/or leadership within the academy during their first four years of membership.
This award includes a monetary gift of $500.
Significant Contributions in Academic Emergency Medicine Administration Annual Award
Award Description: The Significant Contributions in Academic Emergency Medicine Administration Annual Award recognizes an academic emergency medicine administrator, who is an Emeritus or Active Member in good standing of AAAEM, who has demonstrated within the last three years:
- Exceptional leadership
- Strategic and operational effectiveness of an academic emergency department
- Emergency medicine education and/or research
- A noteworthy achievement to the growth, success or stability of the Academy of Administrators in Academic Emergency Medicine
This award includes a monetary gift of $750.
James J. Scheulen Lifetime Achievement Award in Academic Emergency Medicine Administration
Award Description: The AAAEM Lifetime Achievement Award in Academic Emergency Medicine Administration is the highest recognition the Academy gives an individual. It recognizes an academic emergency medicine administrator affiliated with the AAAEM who has demonstrated noteworthy achievement of exceptional leadership and management proficiency to enhance strategic and operational effectiveness of academic emergency departments, emergency medicine education or emergency medicine research in his or her institution and/or the broader academic emergency medicine community. Member should demonstrate the majority of the following:
Minimum requirement: AAAEM members who have been a Full Member for 8 or more years or have been either an Associate or Full member for 10 or more years.
- Advance interprofessional education, be involved in professional growth and educational programs within the Academy
- Commitment to the organization through AAAEM leadership
- Provides leadership and service within our profession
- Evidence of research and/or creative scholarship activities related to academic emergency medicine
- Creates and cultivates sharing of ideas and best practices amongst AAAEM members
This award includes a monetary gift of $1000.