Home / About SAEM / Academies, Interest Groups, & Affiliates / AAAEM / AAAEM Membership / Membership Categories
Please review the requirements below to determine your membership category. For complete details on member requirements and participation, please refer to AAAEM's Membership Guidelines.
Full Membership Requirements
- Primary individual that is the administrative lead of an emergency medicine academic department including all related components of clinical operations, education and research. The Emergency Department must meet the standard of being an 'Academic' department/division-meaning it should have clinical, teaching and research components and is affiliated with a college or university. Typical titles include: Administrator, Chief Administrative Officer, Director or Senior Director, Vice Chair of Administration, Service Line Director, etc.
- Administrator in Emergency Medicine with a primary reporting relationship to the Chair of the Department/Division
- Preference that the Departments/Divisions Chair is a member of AACEM
Associate Membership Requirements
- Individual with administrative role in an emergency medicine academic department. The Emergency Department must meet the standard of being an 'Academic' department/division-meaning it should have clinical, teaching and research components and is affiliated with a college or university. Typical titles include: Manager, Business Manager, Financial Director, Service Line Administrator or Director, etc.
- Individuals with a primary reporting relationship to the Chair or Administrator of the Department/Division
- Responsibilities and authorities for potential inclusion:
- Fiscal operations oversight
- Academic clinical operations oversight
- Community clinical site management
- Administrative staff management
- Data and reporting management
- Responsibilities and authorities to not be considered for member include
- Clerical staff
- Residency coordination
- Research directors or managers
Emeritus Membership Requirements
- Active AAAEM member for at least five (5) years or made significant contribution to AAAEM
- Not currently working in an academic department of emergency medicine