Hi Academy Members,
I hope all of you enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving Holiday. The executive committee and many of our members have been busy. Here are some of the updates on our programs.
- The executive committee and academy member volunteers reviewed and discussed the proposed AEMUS Program Requirements Revision and have submitted our feedback. Thanks to all involved in this work for representing the voices of Academic Sonologists.
- Sign up to develop your grant writing skills! Our Mentored Grant Writing Group application is closing soon. Do not pass this opportunity to get one-on-one mentorship from accomplished POCUS researchers.
- Save the date for our first AEUS Academic Professional Development Series on Feb 16, 2023 at 1 PM EST. The first topic of the series will be "Navigating Academic Promotions" where we discuss P&T process/criteria and answer your questions about academic appointments and promotions. Zoom link to follow.
- Over 20 highly driven and successful medical students applied for the AEUS Medical Student Ultrasound Enthusiast Scholarship. Out of this competitive cohort, Erica Nobles from Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine and Abigail Hecht from the Ohio State University stood out. Erica inspired us with her commitment to use POCUS to advance Health Equity, and Abigail impressed us with her POCUS educational programs at her medical school as well as POCUS outreach for pipeline development. We hope the scholarships enable these two young sonologists to attend SAEM23. Make sure you congratulate them if you see them in Austin!
- In alphabetical order, Drs. Michael Del Valle (Denver Health), Tiffany Fang (Johns Hopkins), Makoto Kanigawa (Thomas Jefferson), and Jonathan Warren (Harbor-UCLA) are the winners of our inaugural AEUS Innovation Awards. We will be showcasing their winning 3-min video pitches weekly on our webpage in December. The first one is linked here. Trust me, you want to see these 4 pitches! Congratulations to the winners and I am personally excited to see the innovations materialize over the next 12 months.
- SonoGames registration opens tomorrow (December 1)!! You know this promises to be a great event, so sign-up and secure your spot. Due to popular demand, we will also have a SonoGames After-Party, currently scheduled for May 19, 2023, 1 PM to 5 PM CST. That is the last day of SAEM23, so extend your travel plans accordingly. Registration for the party will be available soon.
It's exciting to be part of SAEM's Academy of Emergency Ultrasound, eh?
Until next month,