Founded in 2011, the Academy of Emergency Ultrasound (AEUS) is an international forum bringing together clinician sonologists with the common goal of advancing patient care and safety through the use of bedside ultrasound. AEUS task forces promote the development of training curricula for medical students, residents, and fellows, as well as of tools and resources for further research and development.
- To advance education and research of ultrasound for the bedside evaluation of emergency medical conditions, resuscitation of the acutely ill or injured, guidance of invasive procedures, monitoring of certain pathologic states and as an adjunct to therapy.
- To serve as a platform for discussion of subjects that are of concern to emergency medicine physicians practicing clinical sonography.
- To support medical student, resident, fellow, and practicing emergency physician ultrasound training and education.
- To foster individual and multicenter ultrasound research to advance the knowledge of our field and improve patient care, safety and emergency department patient flow.
- To work collaboratively with other organizations within emergency medicine, and across the specialties, through partnership, education, and to promote shared common interests.
2021-2022 AEUS Executive Committee
President: Lindsay Taylor, MD, RDMS, RDCS, RVT
President-Elect: Yiju "Teresa" Liu, MD
Treasurer: Christopher D Thom, MD, RDMS
Secretary: Petra Duran-Gehring, MD
Immediate Past President: Robert David Huang, MD
Research Officer: Daniel Theodoro, MD, MSCI
Research Officer: K. Meera Muruganadan, MD MP
Melissa McMillian, CNP