The Simulation Academy is a national educational organization that focuses on the development and use of simulation in emergency medicine education, research, and patient care.
The Mission of Simulation Academy
- to serve as a unified voice for emergency medicine on issues of simulation in education, research, and patient care;
- to provide a forum for emergency medicine providers interested in simulation to communicate, share ideas, and generate solutions to common problems;
- to further a coherent research mission in the various applications of simulation;
- to encourage the professional development and career satisfaction of emergency physicians involved with simulation in their academic careers;
- to foster relationships with other organizations in order to promote the use of simulation.
Purpose and Function of an SAEM Academy
An Academy provides a venue for SAEM members with a special interest or expertise to join together in order to:
- Promote a forum for the exchange of information among members in line with SAEM’s mission to advance education and research in Emergency Medicine.
- Provide the SAEM Board of Directors (BOD) with the ability to utilize the expertise of an identifiable group on specific issues.
- Provide a forum for members to speak as a unified voice to the SAEM BOD as well as to other national organizations within their scope of special interest or expertise.
- Provide a forum for members to network, collaborate on educational initiatives, develop policy, perform research, and provide faculty development pertaining to their area of special interest or expertise.
- Each SAEM Academy has a unique and powerful voice within emergency medicine. SAEM members who wish to learn more or have a greater impact in one of these specialty areas are encouraged to join our Academies.