GEMA Member Benefits
Home / About SAEM / Academies, Interest Groups, & Affiliates / GEMA / Get Involved / About GEMA / GEMA Member Benefits
The benefits of a GEMA membership are many:
- Close mentorship from and collaboration with leaders in the field of Global Emergency Medicine
- Fellowship/networking with other globally-minded academic emergency physicians from across the United States and the world
- Access to a central repository of Global Emergency Medicine resources (e.g., educational and research materials, funding opportunities, international meeting notifications, etc.)
- The opportunity to serve in the academy from which the SAEM Board of Directors will solicit advice (for policy decisions, meetings, educational products, etc.) as it pertains to Global Health and Emergency Medicine
- The opportunity to help SAEM transition to a truly global organization
- The opportunity to help shape the provision of emergency care through consensus statements and other educational/research publications
- The opportunity to serve as a catalyst for the development of emergency medicine as a specialty elsewhere in the world
Join GEMA today!
If you are a current SAEM member and would like to add GEMA (or any other academy) to your membership:
- Log into your SAEM Account
- Click “My Account”
- Click the button titled “Update (+/-) Academies or Interest Groups under your name on left side
- To add an Academy or Interest Group to your SAEM Membership, select the box next to the Academy or Interest Group name you want to join and click save.
- To remove an Academy or Interest Group from your SAEM Membership, uncheck the box next to the Academy or Interest Group name you want to remove and click save.
- Complete and return the Academy Membership Form
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail it to
1111 East Touhy Avenue, Suite 540
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Have questions or need help? Email our Membership Department or call 847.813.9823.