Established in 2011, the Global Emergency Medicine Academy (GEMA) focuses on improvement of the worldwide delivery of emergency medical care. Global emergency medicine is one of the fastest-growing subspecialties of emergency medicine, as evidenced by the ever increasing number of emergency medicine faculty members, trainees, and medical students pursuing international opportunities.
- To lead the advancement of academic emergency medicine by improving the global delivery of emergency care through research, education, and mentorship.
- To enhance SAEM's role as the key international organization that augments, supports, and shares advances in global research, education, and mentorship in the field of emergency medicine.
- Research: Knowledge Creation, Translation, and Dissemination
- Mentorship: Professional Development
- Education: Advocacy for Education and Research
- Collaboration: Diversity, Community, and Service
- Health Systems
- Professional Development
2021-2022 Simulation Executive Committee
President: Jennifer Newberry, MD, JD
President-Elect: Sean Kivlehan, MD, MPH
Treasurer: Taylor Wilson Burkholder, MD, MPH
Secretary: Stephanie C. Garbern, MD, MPH
Immediate Past President: Kelli O'Laughlin, MD, MPH
Catalina González Marqués, MD, MPH
Erin E. Noste, MD
Development & Grants Officer: Ronak Patel, MD, MPH
IT Chair: William Weber, MD, MPH
Program Committee Liaison: Sindhya Rajeev, MD
Holly Byrd-Duncan, MBA