Established in 2011, the Global Emergency Medicine Academy (GEMA) focuses on improvement of the worldwide delivery of emergency medical care. Global emergency medicine is one of the fastest-growing subspecialties of emergency medicine, as evidenced by the ever increasing number of emergency medicine faculty members, trainees, and medical students pursuing international opportunities.
- To lead the advancement of academic emergency medicine by improving the global delivery of emergency care through research, education, and mentorship.
- To enhance SAEM's role as the key international organization that augments, supports, and shares advances in global research, education, and mentorship in the field of emergency medicine.
- Research: Knowledge Creation, Translation, and Dissemination
- Mentorship: Professional Development
- Education: Advocacy for Education and Research
- Collaboration: Diversity, Community, and Service
- Health Systems
- Professional Development
2022-2023 GEMA Executive Committee
President: Sean Kivlehan, MD, MPH
President-Elect: Naz Karim, MD, MHA, MPH
Immediate Past President: Jennifer A. Newberry, MD, JD, MSc
Secretary: Saadiyah Bilal, MD, MPH
Treasurer: Megan Rybarczyk, MD, MPH
Morgan C. Broccoli, MD, MPH, MSc
Shama Patel, MD, MPH
Medical Student/Resident Representative: Rebecca Leff, MD
Development and Grants Officer: Adam R. Aluisio, MD
IT Chair: Stephanie Chow Garbern, MD, MPH, DTMH
Program Committee Liaison: Sonya Naganathan, MD, MPH
Board Liaison: Michelle Lall, MD, MHS
Holly Byrd-Duncan, MBA