AWAEM Resident Award and Travel Grant
To assist with costs for registration and travel to the SAEM Annual Meeting in Denver, Colorado, May 2020. This scholarship honors female EM residents who have shown promise for significant career achievements in emergency medicine through research, education, service, advocacy, or administration. AWAEM will support each resident with up to $500 to help with travel expenses to the SAEM annual meeting. We will select up to three winners.
- Female EM resident in an accredited ACGME program in good standing
- Senior resident (PGY 2, 3 or 4)
- Current SAEM member (no later than January 1, 2020) not currently serving on the AWAEM Awards Committee.
- Availability and commitment to attend the AWAEM luncheon and business meeting on May 13, 2020
- Evidence of achievements, innovation, and dedication to academic emergency medicine through research, teaching, service, advocacy, or administration during their EM residency
- Achievements completed primarily prior to the beginning of residency will not be considered.
- Nominee’s CV
- One nomination letter, preferably from the Program Director.
- Submit the CV and nomination letter to Andrea Fang, MD at email@example.com with the subject line “2020 AWAEM Resident Award & Travel Grant Nomination”
Deadline: January 15, 2020 at 11:59PM PST