Residency Vacancy Services
The SAEM Residency Vacancy Service was established to connect EM residency directors with prospective residents to fill unexpected vacancies in training programs. Programs are invited to notify SAEM of any unexpected vacancies or positions created due to program expansion, etc. and SAEM monitors and updates the listings. Prospective emergency medicine residents may review these listings and contact the residency programs directly.
If you would like a Residency Vacancy listed or if information needs to be updated, please email SAEM at ResidencyVacancy@saem.org.
CURRENT LISTINGS (2)
Brigham and Women’s Hospital / Massachusetts General Hospital
Harvard Affiliated Emergency Medicine Residency Program
The Brigham and Women’s Hospital / Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Affiliated Emergency Medicine Residency program has an unexpected opening for a well-qualified applicant for a PGY-2 position beginning July 1, 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter. We are seeking a candidate who is interested in joining our four-year Emergency Medicine training program in Boston, MA.
Applicants must be eligible for an ACGME approved PGY-2 Emergency Medicine resident trainee position, in good standing within his/her current training program with program director approval and have no current NRMP Match violations.
All materials must be submitted electronically, via email, to Alexis Werner, Education Administrator.
For consideration applicants should send:
- Cover Letter stating interest and reason for leaving current program
- Curriculum Vitae
- USMLE Scores (Step 1, Step 2 CK & CS, Step 3 if applicable)
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- 3 letters of recommendation, at least one of which is from the current program director
- Documentation of rotations already completed in residency training
Please visit our website for more information on our program. Any questions regarding this position should be directed to Alexis Werner via email.
Florida Hospital Emergency Medicine Residency Program (Orlando, FL)
The Florida Hospital Emergency Medicine Residency Program in Orlando, FL has an unexpected opening for a PGY-2 resident, starting July 1, 2017. We are a three-year program.
Applicants must: 1) have successfully completed at least one year in an ACGME accredited Emergency Medicine residency program, 2) be currently enrolled in an Emergency Medicine residency program in good standing and must have program director approval, OR 3) have successfully completed two or more years in an ACGME accredited program in another specialty, be in good standing and have the support of their current program director.
For consideration, applicants should provide:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in this position, previous training including emergency medicine experience and current circumstances
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of evaluation from all former and current Residency Program Directors
- At least two additional letters of recommendation. These must reflect your clinical performance within the past two years, preferably including your emergency medicine experience
- USMLE Scores (Step 1, Step 2 CK & CS, and Step 3)
- Medical school documentation including transcript, Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE, AKA Dean’s Letter), and diploma
- A list of rotations completed in the PGY-1 (and subsequent years if applicable)
Pertinent additional documentation that supports your application such as Emergency Medicine rotation evaluations during your residency and ABEM In-Training Examination scores may also be submitted.
Inquiries and application materials should be sent to any/all of the following: Program Director, Dr. Dale Birenbaum; Associate Program Director, Dr. Steven Nazario; Assistant Program Director, Dr. Ademola Adewale; or Program Coordinator, Katie Bradford.