Advanced Research Methodology Evaluation and Design (ARMED)
SAEM is proud to bring you the best research course for junior faculty taught by leading experts in academic emergency medicine. The purpose of this course is to arm participants with the fundamental knowledge and skills to design a high quality research project and grant proposal to jumpstart their research career. The course is targeted to assist junior faculty within five years of graduation, fellows, and senior residents who are interested in pursuing a career in research.
New Course Begins Fall 2018!
Sign up now for the next class of SAEM ARMED. Applications are due July 31, 2018.
Resident Scholarships Available
The SAEM Resident and Medical Students (RAMS) are offering two scholarships to support residents attending the upcoming ARMED course. Applications are due July 31st.
ARMED will cover everything you need to know to start a research project. Topics may include:
$950 with travel and lodging paid by the participant. Tuition is not due until your application is accepted and you are invited to join the 2018 class.
Each class of participants will have 10-25 members. Interested candidates must submit an application form by the deadline to be considered for the course.
September 2018 - May 2019
Participants are strongly encouraged to attend the online lectures when they occur. However, recordings of the online lectures will be available following the event. The live workshops will not be recorded.
|July 31, 2018||Applications Due|
|August 15, 2018||Course Participants Selected|
|September 13, 2018|
2:00 pm (Eastern)
Date: TBD (Sept. 2018)
|Design & Statistics: Part 1||Online Lecture|
September 30, 2018
|Live Workshop at ACEP18|
San Diego, CA
|Date: TBD (Sept. 2018)||Design & Statistics: Part 2||Online Lecture|
|Date: TBD (Oct. 2018)|
|Design & Statistics: Part 3||Online Lecture|
|Date: TBD (Nov. 2018)|
Design & Statistics: Part 4
|Date: TBD (Dec. 2018)||Design & Statistics: Part 5||Online Lecture|
|Date: TBD (Jan. 2019)||Design & Statistics: Part 6||Online Lecture|
|Date: TBD (Jan. 2019)|
|Design & Statistics: Part 7||Online Lecture|
|Date: TBD (Feb. 2019)|
|How To Deal With Missing Data||Online Lecture|
|Date: TBD (Feb. 2019)||Significance vs Association||Online Lecture|
|February 14-15, 2019||Live Workshop at SAEM Headquarters |
Des Plaines, IL
|May 14, 2019||Grant Writing Workshop at SAEM19|
Las Vegas, NV
Faculty is comprised of experienced researchers in academic emergency medicine, including:
- Esther Choo, MD, MPH, Oregon Health & Science University
- Wendy Coates, MD, Harbor-UCLA
- D. Mark Courtney, MD, Northwestern University
- Deborah Diercks, MD, MSc, UT Southwestern
- James Dziura, MPH, PhD, Yale University
- Jason Haukoos, MD, MSc, Denver Health Medical Center
- Brian Hiestand, MD, Wake Forest Baptist Health
- Amy Kaji, MD, PhD, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Gloria Kuhn, DO, PhD, Wayne State University
- Phillip D. Levy, MD, MPH, FACEP, FAHA, FACC, Wayne State University
- N. Clay Mann, PhD, MS, MBA, University of Utah
- William Meurer, MD, University of Michigan
- Craig Newgard, MD, MPH, Oregon Health & Sciences University
- David Schriger, MD, UCLA
- Julianna Tolles, MD, MHS, Harbor-UCLA
- Robert Welch, MD, MS, Wayne State University
Please contact Melissa McMillian with questions at 847-257-7233.