About Simulation Academy
The Simulation Academy is a national educational organization that focuses on the development and use of simulation in emergency medicine education, research, and patient care. We maintain strong ties and share many members with the Society for Simulation in Healthcare Emergency Medicine Interest Group.
The Mission of Simulation Academy
- to serve as a unified voice for emergency medicine on issues of simulation in education, research, and patient care;
- to provide a forum for emergency medicine providers interested in simulation to communicate, share ideas, and generate solutions to common problems;
- to further a coherent research mission in the various applications of simulation;
- to encourage the professional development and career satisfaction of emergency physicians involved with simulation in their academic careers;
- to foster relationships with other organizations in order to promote the use of simulation.
Purpose and Function of an SAEM Academy
An Academy provides a venue for SAEM members with a special interest or expertise to join together in order to:
- Promote a forum for the exchange of information among members in line with SAEM’s mission to advance education and research in Emergency Medicine.
- Provide the SAEM Board of Directors (BOD) with the ability to utilize the expertise of an identifiable group on specific issues.
- Provide a forum for members to speak as a unified voice to the SAEM BOD as well as to other national organizations within their scope of special interest or expertise.
- Provide a forum for members to network, collaborate on educational initiatives, develop policy, perform research, and provide faculty development pertaining to their area of special interest or expertise.
Each SAEM Academy has a unique and powerful voice within emergency medicine. SAEM members who wish to learn more or have a greater impact in one of these specialty areas are encouraged to join our Academies.
SAEM Academy Development Guidelines
Download a copy of the guidelines for the development of SAEM Academies.