Join Simulation Academy
If you are a current SAEM member and would like to add Simulation Academy or any other academy to your membership, simply log in to your existing account or download the Academy Membership Form. Just joining SAEM? You can add SIM and other academies when you create a new account online. Have questions or need help? Email our Membership Department or call 847-813-9823.
About Simulation Academy
The Simulation Academy is a national educational organization that focuses on the development and use of simulation in emergency medicine education, research, and patient care. We maintain strong ties and share many members with the Society for Simulation in Healthcare Emergency Medicine Interest Group.
Simulation Academy Mission
- to serve as a unified voice for emergency medicine on issues of simulation in education, research, and patient care;
- to provide a forum for emergency medicine providers interested in simulation to communicate, share ideas, and generate solutions to common problems;
- to further a coherent research mission in the various applications of simulation;
- to encourage the professional development and career satisfaction of emergency physicians involved with simulation in their academic careers;
- to foster relationships with other organizations in order to promote the use of simulation.
Simulation Academy Membership Benefits
Membership in SIM provides a connection to the simulation community in emergency medicine and numerous opportunities for professional collaboration, development and networking. Our membership is composed of simulation fellowship directors, faculty, fellows, residents, students, and researchers. Through the SIM Community Site, members are able to seek peer advice. SIM also provides its members with opportunities for national involvement and leadership through service on various committees. Through SIM's award system and research grants, educators can find a way to be recognized for their hard work.