Resident Researcher Award
The SAEM Resident Researcher Award is given annually to a senior emergency medicine resident who has demonstrated exceptional promise and early accomplishment in the creation of new knowledge. The awards committee is committed to an inclusive process of granting awards, reflecting the full spectrum of diversity of our membership. We encourage you to nominate a diverse pool of candidates for all SAEM awards.
Status: Submissions open October 1, 2018 - December 9, 2018.
The award is presented during the SAEM Annual Meeting. Previous awardees are ineligible. Candidates can be nominated by any SAEM member and are evaluated by the Awards Committee on their accomplishments in knowledge creation, including:
1. Research Accomplishments
- Impact of discovery
- Original research in peer-reviewed journals.
- Research support generated through grants and contracts (federal, foundation and industry).
- Other publications (e.g., review articles, book chapters, editorials)
- Peer-reviewed research presentations (lecture, abstract, panel)
- Peer review journal positions
- Grant review panel membership
- Local, regional and national organizational service relating to research
- National and international speaking invitations
- Recognition or awards by students, residents, or peers
- Regional, national or international recognition or awards
The nomination must include:
- A current CV of the candidate
- A brief (1-2 paragraph) biographical summary
- A cover letter by the nominator addressing above areas and the impact on emergency medicine, delivery of care or understanding of illness/therapy (limited to 2 pages)
- While not mandatory, a maximum of 2 additional support letters may be submitted (each limited to 2 pages)
- A color photo of the nominee (.jpg 300 DPI high resolution)
- Person nominating the award candidate (including mailing address, phone and fax numbers and email address)
- Name, title, and email address of the nominees’ mentor(s)
- Contact information of department administrator or media persons that should be notified if the award is received