The Dr. Peter Rosen Memorial Keynote Address
Proposal Submissions Now Open
The Society for Academic Emergency Medicine is accepting proposal submissions for the Dr. Peter Rosen Memorial Keynote Address, to be presented on May 11, 2022 at the opening session of SAEM22, the Society’s annual meeting and the largest forum in the world for the presentation of original, high-quality research and educational innovation in emergency care.
Dr. Rosen, a founding father of emergency medicine, passed away in 2019 and is widely recognized for his many contributions to academic emergency medicine. The Dr. Peter Rosen Memorial Keynote Address is intended to memorialize Dr. Rosen’s life and legacy in perpetuity and in gratitude for helping craft the EM specialty into what it is today.
- Round-trip airfare
- Hotel accommodations with VIP in room amenities
- Full, complimentary SAEM22 registration
- Recognition in the digital program
- Onsite interviews and promotion in pre-event press releases
A successful keynote presentation will ideally accomplish some of the following:
- Acknowledge the diversity of scholarly activity in academic emergency medicine (not just education OR just research, but both);
- Be inspiring and of broad interest to our diverse membership at various stages of their careers;
- Cover topics of current interest to academic emergency physicians (autobiographical narratives are not ideal, but may be considered if they meet other criteria);
- Include historical aspects of academic emergency medicine, but point to future opportunities and/or challenges; and/or
- Describe ways our scholarly activities impact patient care-through knowledge creation and translation.
Qualities of well-versed keynote speakers include:
- Highly-regarded oratory and presentation skills
- Content expertise
- Ability to engage an audience
- Creativity and innovation
- Strong use of visuals or audio aids
- Openness for discussion and sharing personal experiences
40 minute presentation, immediately preceding the plenary session on Wednesday, May 11, 2022
How to Apply
To submit a proposal, please provide the following information:
- Title of proposed keynote address
- Summary (200–300 words) of the proposed keynote address
- Outline of the proposed keynote address
- Current CV, including all previous speaking engagements/presentations
- List of any anticipated audio and visual aid requirements
- Video example of prior speaking engagement (file or link to speech)
Please email your proposal and information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note "Keynote Speaker" in the subject line. Deadline for submission of keynote proposals is November 1, 2021. The SAEM22 Program Committee's decision will be announced at the beginning of December.