SAEM RAMS 2020 Video Contest
Announcing the SAEM RAMS 2020 Video Contest! This year's video topic is, "What makes academic Emergency Medicine the best field of medicine to practice?" Grab your fellow residents and record your response for a chance to win a cash prize of $500! Extra points for originality, inspirational power, and wow-factor! The winning participant(s) and institution will be featured on the SAEM and RAMS web pages, social media accounts, and at SAEM20. Contest Now Closed.
- Email a 90-second video to email@example.com. Acceptable video formats: DV, HDV, AVCHD, Apple Intermediate Codec, Apple Animation Codec, Motion JPEG/A, iFrame, h.264, MP4 & MOV.
- Subject line of email must be: RAMS Video Contest
- In the body of email, include your Name(s), Title(s), Institution, Department City, State, Preferred Email, and Phone Number.
- By submitting a video, you agree to the below contest rules/terms and conditions.
2019 Video Contest Winner
Caitlin Rublee, MD, MPH
Contest Rules/Terms and Conditions
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants will enter by submitting videos to online interface. “Contest Terms and Conditions” must be acknowledged by contest entrant. Videos with unauthorized “persons” will be disqualified.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is only open to members of The Society of Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) over the age of 18. Any persons under the age of 18 must have parent’s permission to participate. Employees of SAEM and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
3. WINNER SELECTION PROCESS: SAEM Awards committee members will serve as panel to judge each video. Submissions will be judged on a previously outlined set of criteria. All decisions of the judges are final.
4. PRIZES: The winning participant(s) will receive $500.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Participant(s) of the winning submission will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Participant(s) will have 72 hours to acknowledge notification. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: a) Participants hereby grant SAEM a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant SAEM the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license. b) By accepting these TERMS AND CONDITIONS, you give us permission to use all content you have provided in your video submission for promotional purposes. c) All contestants will be required to accept the TERMS AND CONDITIONS which gives SAEM consent to show and share videos in perpetuity. Non-compliance may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner. d) The Society of Academic Emergency Medicine is under no obligation to use any Submission or return the Submissions to participants.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of The Society of Academic Emergency Medicine. SAEM reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and release Facebook from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to SAEM and not to Facebook, and will be used to notify you if you have won, and to inform you about special offers from SAEM and our trusted partners.
9. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Society for Academic Emergency Medicine in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Society for Academic Emergency Medicine is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, SAEM may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release SAEM from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
11. WINNERS LIST: The winning participant(s) will be featured on the SAEM and RAMS web pages, social media accounts, and at SAEM20. The contest runs January 1-March 31, 2020. You may also obtain the winner’s name by contacting SAEM directly at 847-813-9823.