Social Media and FOAM Committee
The Social Media and FOAM Committee is responsible for identifying and recommending the best channels through which to reach resident and medical students (e.g., blogs, a resident and medical student newsletter, podcasts, and/or regular articles in SAEM Pulse). Additionally, the committee reviews existing FOAM content and suggests new content that might be of interest to emergency medicine residents and medical students.
- Updated Residency, Fellowship & Clerkship Directories: Interface similar to Yelp or Zillow, updated in real-time
- RAMS Section of SOAR: Carve out a digital space with 100% resident and student-driven content
- RAMS podcast created by residents and students
- Peer advice for success in residency, medical school, fellowship
- Career guides from a resident perspective
- Organized Social Media Push at the Annual Meeting