RAMS Excellence in Research Award
Emergency Medicine depends on efficiency and a wide breadth of clinical knowledge to care of patients in the acute setting. Evidence based medicine has revolutionized how the healthcare system operates to make sure the conscientious best supported plans of care are implemented. SAEM RAMS understands the importance of research in providing the best possible patient care. For this reason, we would like to recognize an EM resident and a medical student who have had a role in the development of evidence based medicine in the specialty.
Award Nominations Status:
- Please describe your role in a Emergency Medicine based research project and the impact it will potentially have on the practice of EM. (Word limit: 500 words)
- Please also briefly describe the role and impact of research on the practice of EM. (Word limit: 500 words)
Nominations may be submitted by any SAEM member. Nominations should include a copy of the candidate's CV and a cover letter describing his or her qualifications. Each completed application must include the following:
- Nominee information
- Nominee’s CV
- An essay addressing each of the two prompts above
- Letter of recommendation from faculty mentor, residency program director, or department chair
- A color photo of nominee (.jpg 300 DPI high resolution)
- Person nominating award candidate (include mailing address, phone and fax numbers and email address)
- Contact information of department administrator or media persons that should be notified if the award is received.