URM Medical Education Award
SAEM Residents and Medical Students (RAMS) is committed to promoting the next generation of diverse emergency physicians. With the rising costs of medical education, RAMS seeks to provide financial assistance to under-represented medical students demonstrating a strong commitment to and leadership skills in emergency medicine. Specifically, we aim to alleviate the financial strains associated with national licensing exams (often not included in tuition costs).
Applications Due: November 30th
Applicant must be:
- An underrepresented medical student (MS1 - MS4)
- Enrolled in an accredited medical school in the USA
- An SAEM member
Each awardee will receive up to $500 for medical education costs (eg. National Licensing exam fees, Question Banks, Step 1 and Step 2 books and preparation resources).
Demonstrate an excellence and commitment to emergency medicine:
- Personal Statement: 500-1000 word essay describing the student's dedication, commitment, and
interest in academic emergency medicine; include how you will use the
$500 and the impact you wish to have as an academic emergency physician.
- CV demonstrating:
- Strong leadership and commitment to Emergency Medicine (ex: EMIG
leaders, Ultrasound Interest Group leaders, previous Medical Student
Ambassadors at SAEM annual meetings, etc.)
- Strong background of EM research, presentations, and conferences attended.
- At least one letter from an EM faculty advisor