Home / Education / SAEM Online Academic Resources / Wellness and Resilience / Stop the Stigma EM: A Toolkit for Individuals, Educators & Institutions / What you can do / Individual Clinicians
How do you change a culture of stigma? One person at a time, and it starts with you. Be the change you seek — speak up, reach out, learn more, and take care of yourself. What you do and say can make a difference.
- Reach out to your colleagues
- Cultivate daily self-care habits
- Watch out for each other
- If you’re struggling, tell someone
- Know the warning signs of a mental health crisis
- Learn how to have caring conversations
- Practice the four domains of self-care: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
- Tell your story