ADIEM / SAEMF Whiskey Tasting
What: ADIEM / SAEMF Whiskey Tasting with Uncle Nearest
Who: You and a few friends or colleagues
When: Wednesday, December 14, 2022 | 6:00 pm CT
Why: Reconnect, invest, and raise a glass in support of EM research and education
How: Register by Monday, December 5, 2022
Founded in 2017, Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey honors the incredible legacy of Nathan "Nearest" Green, the first known African-American master distiller. Today, Uncle Nearest is the most awarded American whiskey of 2019, 2020, and 2021. This special whiskey tasting experience, led by fifth generation Nearest Green descendant and Master Blender of the Year Victoria Eady Butler, will reveal the incredible journey of how her family legacy went from an unknown story to best-selling African American owned and founded spirit brand in history.
Tasting kits include the Uncle Nearest 1856 Premium Aged Whiskey and the Uncle Nearest 1884 Small Batch Whiskey. These will be full-sized bottles...plus ones are welcome to join you!
How It Works
- Register by December 5
- Please note: due to local regulations, the distillery will not be able to ship to some states. SAEMF will work with attendee to identify participation opportunities for attendees from states that are not able to participate.
- Your whiskey will be sent to the address you provide on your registration form. Please note: someone 21 or over must be at the address to accept your shipment. We will provide you an expected delivery date the week before the event.
- We will send you an invitation with the ZOOM link for your use the week before the event and a reminder the day of the event.
- You will receive a formal statement in January 2023 with all of your donations, including this event. The statement will include the portion of the ticket that is considered fair market value.
Plus Ones Are Welcome to Join...At No Additional Cost
- Consider inviting others in your department or your household! Your $250 event ticket will include two full-sized bottles of Uncle Nearest's award winning whiskeys. No additional ticket purchases will be required for your “plus ones.”
- A portion of your ticket will be considered as tax deductible (estimated at $130 per tasting kit purchased).
Questions? Contact us.
Thank you for your generosity. We look forward to seeing you at the event!