AWAEM Junior Faculty Development Forum (JFDF) Scholarship
To assist with the registration cost to participate in the SAEM Junior Faculty Development Forum. This scholarship is intended to support a junior female faculty member who shows promise for significant career achievements in emergency medicine through research, education, service, advocacy, or administration in academic emergency medicine and/or who has worked to promote the role of women in academic emergency medicine.
The JFDF is designed to enable junior faculty to engage with senior EM leaders, to develop strategies for promotion, productivity, and academic advancement, and to enable them to become the next generation of leaders in our field. It is intended for fellows and early-career faculty who have recently secured faculty positions within academic emergency departments.
Click here for more information
- Female EM physician faculty member in a North American academic EM department
- Current SAEM and AWAEM member (no later than January 1, 2020) not currently serving on the AWAEM Awards Committee or Executive Council
- Faculty member in their first 7 years since residency graduation (ie, graduated in 2012 or later)
- Availability and commitment to attend the forum on May 12, 2020
Note: Any faculty nominee who took significant time away from academic medicine may be considered with an explanation of lapsed time. Please include letter of explanation of time lapse if greater than 7 years from date of residency completion (earlier than 2011) but still considered “early career” in terms of accomplishments and rank.
- Evidence of achievements, innovation, and dedication in academic emergency medicine through teaching, research, service, advocacy, or administration.
- Involvement on a national level (e.g., through SAEM committees, research consortiums, or advocacy groups).
- Nominee’s CV
- Brief letter of interest (300 words or less)
- Submit nomination letter, brief letter of interest and CV to Andrea Fang, MD at email@example.com with the subject line “2020 AWAEM Junior Faculty Development Forum Scholarship Nomination"