AWAEM Junior Faculty Development Forum (JFDF) Scholarship
To honor junior female faculty who have shown promise for significant career achievements in emergency medicine through research, education, service, advocacy, or administration in academic emergency medicine. We will select up to twowinners.
The JFDF is designed to enable junior faculty to engage with senior leaders in our field, to develop strategies for promotion, productivity, and academic advancement, and to enable them to become the next generation of leaders in our field. It is intended for fellows and early-career faculty who have recently secured faculty positions within academic emergency departments.
Click here for more information
- Female EM physician faculty member in a North American academic EM department
- Current SAEM and AWAEM member
- Faculty member in the first 7 years since graduating from residency (ie, graduated in 2011 or later)
Note: Any faculty nominee who took significant time away from academic medicine may be considered with an explanation of lapsed time. Please include letter of explanation of time lapse if greater than 7 years from date of residency completion (earlier than 2011) but still considered “early career” in terms of accomplishments and rank.
- Evidence of achievements, innovation, and dedication in academic emergency medicine through teaching, research, service, advocacy, or administration.
- Involvement on a national level (e.g., through SAEM committees, research consortiums, or advocacy groups).
- Nominee’s CV
- Brief letter of interest (300 words or less)
- Submit nomination letter, brief letter of interest and CV to Andrea Fang, MD at email@example.com with the subject line “2019 AWAEM Junior Faculty Development Forum Scholarship Nomination"