To assist with up to $2,000 of travel costs to attend SAEM for a female Emergency Medicine practitioner who has shown promise for significant career achievements in emergency medicine through research, education, service, advocacy, or administration, and who will benefit from attendance at national SAEM. The awardee will be given the opportunity to present at the AWAEM Business meeting during SAEM and to contribute an article to the AWAEM newsletter.
- Women pursuing a career in Emergency Medicine who are native to and practicing in a low and middle income country
- Physicians who work primarily in the Emergency Department at all stages of training including residents, certificate-candidates and attending/consultants are eligible
- Evidence of achievements, innovation, and dedication to emergency medicine through research, teaching, service, advocacy, or administration.
- Preference will be given to women who have been selected to present a didactic, poster, or other presentation at the national SAEM conference
- Nominee’s CV
- One letter of interest describing how nominee would benefit from the award
- Submit the CV and nomination letter to Jessica Schmidt MD at email@example.com the subject line “2019 Global Travel Grant Nomination”
Deadline: January 15, 2019 at 11:59PM PST