To support a female Emergency Medicine physician from a low or middle income country (per World Bank classification) who has shown dedication to and potential for significant career achievements in emergency medicine through research, education, service, advocacy, or administration. This award will assist with up to $3,500 of administrative and travel costs to attend the SAEM Annual Meeting in Denver, Colorado (May 2020).
The awardee will present their work at the AWAEM Business meeting during the SAEM Annual Meeting and be asked to contribute an article to the AWAEM newsletter.
- Women pursuing a career in Emergency Medicine who are native to and practicing in a low and middle income country
- Physicians who work primarily in the Emergency Department at all stages of training including residents, certificate-candidates and attending/consultants are eligible
- Evidence of achievements, innovation, and dedication to emergency medicine through research, teaching, service, advocacy, or administration.
- Physicians who work primarily in the Emergency Department at all stages of training including residents, certificate-candidates and attending/consultants
- Preference will be given to women who have been selected to present a didactic, poster, or other presentation at the SAEM Annual Meeting in Denver, CO, May 2020.
- Nominee’s CV
- One letter of interest describing how nominee would benefit from the award
- Letter of Recommendation
- Submit the CV and nomination letter to Mindi Guptill, MD at MGuptill@llu.edu with the subject line “2020 Global Travel Grant Nomination”
- Please note: The awardee will be responsible for obtaining their own US visa (if applicable)
Deadline: January 15, 2020 at 11:59PM PST