AWAEM Early Career Research Award
To honor early career female faculty who has shown promise for significant career achievements in emergency medicine through research and who has worked to promote the role of women in academic emergency medicine.
- Female EM physician
- Faculty member in a North American academic EM department
- Faculty member in the first 7 years since residency graduation (i.e. graduated in 2012 or later)
- Current SAEM and AWAEM member (no later than January 1, 2020) not currently serving on the AWAEM Awards Committee or Executive Council
Note: Any faculty nominee who took significant time away from academic medicine may be considered with an explanation of lapsed time. Please include letter of explanation of time lapse if greater than 7 years from date of residency completion (earlier than 2012) but still considered “early career” in terms of accomplishments and rank.
- Evidence of achievements, innovation, and dedication to academic emergency medicine through research.
- National involvement and presence in academic emergency medicine (e.g. through SAEM committees, research consortiums, etc).
- Activities demonstrating commitment to advancing the role of women in academic emergency medicine.
- Nominee’s CV
- One nomination letter. Nomination letter may be submitted by current or former colleagues, mentors, mentees or employers.
Submit nomination letter and CV to Andrea Fang, MD at email@example.com with the subject line “2020 AWAEM Early Career Research Award Nomination"
Deadline: January 15, 2020 at 11:59PM PST