Announcing the SAEM21 Virtual Annual Meeting
Online: May 11–14, 2021
These are words we have all become familiar with these last few months as we have adjusted our professional, personal, and home lives during the COVID-19 pandemic. These are also words your SAEM leadership grappled with as we looked down the road toward our annual meeting in May 2021.
When the COVID-19 pandemic forced the cancellation of SAEM20 in Denver, we pivoted quickly to produce an innovative, scaled down virtual version of our Annual Meeting, but we know you want and need more.
As we considered options for SAEM21, your health and well-being was our top priority. In light of this, and because of the unpredictability of the current situation, SAEM21 will not be held in person but will instead be a fully-virtual meeting that will be above and beyond anything we’ve ever done before. We hope you’ll join us for a first-rate interactive digital experience you are sure to love.
What will a virtual SAEM21 look like?
We are committed to providing a top-notch online experience for our attendees and are working with a leading virtual event platform to create a full-scale meeting that takes the best elements of our in-person annual meeting and reimagines them in innovative ways. You can expect everything you love about the SAEM annual meeting, but delivered to you virtually—to enjoy from the comfort of your home or office:
- High-quality, groundbreaking plenary abstract sessions
- Interactive Q&A that lets you engage in robust scientific exchange
- An inventive exhibit and symposia experience
- A lively and engaging residency and fellowship fair
- A reimagined, first-of-its-kind virtual SonoGames!
- Inspiring keynote addresses from distinguished speakers
- Virtual networking events to foster personal and professional connections
- Opportunities to present your research, educational innovations, and didactics to a global audience
- Cutting-edge research and dynamic didactics from the best minds in academic EM
- Expert educational content from world-class faculty
- Committee, Academy, and Interest Group meetings to cultivate collaboration with colleagues within the academic EM community
- A few fun surprises!
A few things you need to know:
- Submission dates for abstracts, didactics, workshops, etc remain the same; all presentations will be in virtual format
- Still happening in conjunction with the virtual annual meeting: ARMED, ARMED MedEd, Chair Development Program
- Postponed until we can meet again in person: Dodgeball and MedWARS
- The SAEM21 Virtual Annual Meeting qualifies for CME
- Registration opens December 1, 2020 and registration rates will be announced at that time, but we can share now that it will be less than our in-person meeting and based on industry standards for virtual meetings (and NO travel, lodging, or meal expenses!)
- More information and all the exciting details coming soon!
We miss seeing you in person and we look forward to gathering together again (hopefully) soon. Until then, we are proud to make the very best of this unprecedented, unpredictable situation by providing you with an innovative and imaginative virtual SAEM Annual Meeting experience that you will be talking about long after COVID-19 has been vanquished. We appreciate your ongoing support and hope you will consider joining us as we present discovery, learn together, make new connections, get inspired...and have a little fun.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding as we continue to navigate these uncharted waters. We owe a great debt of gratitude to you for your unwavering commitment to SAEM, academic emergency medicine, and the patients and communities you serve.
With our appreciation,
James F. Holmes, Jr., MD, MPH
President, Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
on behalf of the SAEM Board of Directors