Submissions Now Open!
IGNITE! is a fun and fast-paced speaking competition at the SAEM Annual Meeting. Each IGNITE talk is 5 minutes in length with 20 automatically advancing slides. Because of its unique format, IGNITE talks are highly energetic, captivating, and engaging. Speakers are selected from all levels of training from all parts of the country. A panel of judges selects a "Best of IGNITE!" winner from each IGNITE session. An "Audience Choice Award" is also given at each session based on audience polling. Because there are no limitations on submission topics, you will be exposed to all sorts of interesting issues in EM. Speakers in the past have talked about their experiences in disaster relief, waxed poetic about the role of machine learning in EM, and challenged core practices in EM critical care and education.
- IGNITE! talks may be submitted 11/1/19 – 1/13/20
- The deadline for submission of IGNITE! talks on 1/13/20 is 17:00 CST
- IGNITE! acceptance letters will be sent to submitters 2/7/20
- Address questions to the SAEM Education Department, firstname.lastname@example.org
- IGNITE! talks are 5 minutes in length with 20 automatically advancing slides
- Speakers are selected from all levels of training from all parts of the country