AEUS is a very active, volunteer run academy of SAEM.
With your help we can achieve our mission:
- To advance education and research of ultrasound for the bedside evaluation of emergency medical conditions, resuscitation of the acutely ill or injured, guidance of invasive procedures, monitoring of certain pathologic states and as an adjunct to therapy.
- To serve as a platform for discussion of subjects that are of concern to emergency medicine physicians practicing clinical sonography.
- To support medical student, resident, fellow, and practicing emergency physician ultrasound training and education.
- To foster individual and multicenter ultrasound research to advance the knowledge of our field and improve patient care, safety and emergency department patient flow.
- To work collaboratively with other organizations within emergency medicine, and across the specialties, through partnership, education, and to promote shared common interests.