Awards Policy & Operating Guidelines
AAAEM is committed to the goal of recognizing members who have contributed in a significant way through their talents and commitment to the organization. This guideline sets forth procedures for nominations.
- Lifetime Achievement Award in Academic EM Administration
- Annual Achievement Award in Academic EM Administration
- Significant Contribution to AAAEM – Lifetime
- Significant Contribution to AAAEM – Annual
- Be a member in good standing, i.e., membership dues up to date and employed by academic or affiliated university or hospital (retirees or Emeritus status members are not eligible)
- Call for Nominations annually – November 1st annually to AAAEM Community (listserv)
- AACEM, AAAEM or members can self-nominate for recognition
- Complete the AAAEM nomination form by the deadline
- If nominee is member of Executive or Awards Committee, nominee is recused from the nomination process
- The Nominating Committee will review all nominations to determine eligibility and and merit of award
- The Nominating Committee may contact the nominator and/or nominee as needed to seek additional information or clarification.
- The Nominating Committee will forward recommendations to AAAEM Executive Committee for approval
- The AAAEM Executive Committee makes the final selection for all awards
- AAAEM reserves the right not to bestow an award in any given year if, in the recommendation of the Awards and Executive Committee, the nominations lack sufficient quality.
All nominated candidates will be notified of their nomination. Award recipients will receive:
- An attractive award
- Public recognition at the AACEM/AAAEM Annual Retreat
- Promotion through a press release to SAEM Pulse, AAAEM's website, and a letter of notification to member’s organization