Advancement of Women in Academic Emergency Medicine Award
SAEM is soliciting nominees for the Advancement of Women in Academic Emergency Medicine Award. This award recognizes an SAEM member who has made significant contributions to the advancement of women in academic emergency medicine. The Awards Committee wishes to consider as many exceptional candidates as possible.
The nomination of both women and men who have contributed toward the purpose of this award will be accepted. Candidates are evaluated for their impact on advancing the individual, as well as the collective successes of women in academic emergency medicine positions. This award is intended to address contributions not addressed by other SAEM Awards.
Nominations may be submitted by any current SAEM member. Nominations should include a copy of the candidate's CV and a cover letter describing his or her qualifications. Each completed application must include the following:
- Name (first name, middle initial, last name, earned degrees)
- Brief 1-2 paragraph biographical summary of the candidate
- Person nominating the candidate (include mailing address, phone and fax numbers, and email address)
- Statement on the candidate's impact on individual women or groups of women in academic emergency medicine with clear examples and detail (limited to 2 pages)
- While not required, up to two (2) additional supporting letters (each limited to 2 pages) may be submitted.
All nominations must be submitted electronically to email@example.com.