The mission of AACEM is to enhance and support academic departments of Emergency Medicine as they improve health care through high-quality education and research.
- Providing guidance for the administration and operation of existing and new academic departments of emergency medicine.
- Discovering and disseminating resources for the growth and development of academic emergency medicine departments and chairs.
- Facilitating leadership development in academic emergency medicine.
- Developing partnerships and cooperative relationships with other organizations and societies to advance and advocate for academic emergency medicine.
2016-2017 AACEM EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Members at Large
Established in 1989, the AACEM mission is to enhance and support academic departments of emergency medicine as they improve healthcare through high-quality education and research. To be considered for full-active membership, you must be a member of SAEM along with serving as a full, acting, or interim chair of a department of emergency medicine in an LCME accredited medical school in the United States or Canada.The benefits of AACEM membership includes participation in:
- Current issues and discussions the listserve
- Cutting-edge and topical presentations, didactics, discussion groups, and mentorship opportunities relevant to the challenges of serving as chair of an academic department of Emergency Medicine through a three-day retreatNetworking at the AACEM Reception and Dinner, held in conjunction with the SAEM Annual Meeting.
- Networking at the AACEM Reception and Dinner, held in conjunction with the SAEM Annual Meeting.
These unique opportunities are available only to AACEM members. The annual dues are $1,000.
To request membership, please forward the following information to email@example.com
- Title at current university
- Name of emergency medicine residency program
- Listing of degrees