2018 SAEM Industry Advisory Councils
The SAEM Industry Advisory Councils (IACs) collaborate with the leadership of SAEM, the SAEM Foundation, and AACEM in achieving the society’s mission to “lead the advancement of academic emergency medicine through education and research, advocacy and professional development.” SAEM’s physician staffing management council will begin in January 2018. The IAC will operate on a calendar year (January through December). The IAC serves as an advisory body to SAEM and provides input from an industry perspective. Industry advisory councils work to increase the connection between SAEM members working in industry and academia, and to promote the Society within the business sector.
All IAC members must subscribe to and abide by the Code of Interaction with Companies as outlined by SAEM.
SAEM’s Industry Advisory Councils
- Serve as a forum for SAEM, SAEM Foundation, AACEM and the corporate community to discuss key issues and their implications
- Provide feedback for corporate development and funding opportunities
- Provide feedback on technical and business trends that may influence strategic planning decisions
- Provide feedback on challenges and opportunities between SAEM and industry partners
- Provide feedback on the annual meeting, including:
- Recommendations on Exhibit Hall procedures and management
- Recommendations/strategies for improving and growing industry participation
- Provide strategy for SAEM Corporate Relations
- Assist in the development of informative programs and special events for the SAEM community
- Cultivate business development opportunities with SAEM individual and organizational members
- Accesses the intellectual resources of other council members in a collaborative, non-competitive, environment
- Support innovation and advances in emergency medicine training, education, research, and practice; and participate in advocacy for SAEM
- Serve as a sounding board for new SAEM programs, projects and promotions under consideration
- Recommend new ideas for association programs, projects and promotions
- Promote membership in SAEM
Industry Advisory Council Member Benefits
- Invitation to SAEM-hosted IAC “Annual Summits” to collaborate and offer input on SAEM hot topics
- Physician Staffing Management Think Tank Summit
- P&D Collaborative Summit
- Invitation to the VIP Lounge during the SAEM Annual Meeting for one representative of each council member
- Member-rate job postings on the SAEM EM Job Link
- Complimentary subscription to SAEM Pulse and Hot Off the Wire
- Recognition on the SAEM website with a link to council member's website
- Lapel pin recognition to distinguish company and representative IAC members
Industry Advisory Council Membership Fees
Please contact SAEM for Details.
To join or for more information, please contact John Landry, Manager, Business Development, at 847-257-7224.