The Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) welcomes our International Emergency Medicine Global Partners to the 27th Annual Meeting in Orlando Florida! Below is helpful travel information for those arriving outside the Continental United States.
Useful Visa and Travel Websites
Tips for Successful Visa Applications
- APPLY EARLY! Apply at least 3-4 months before your planned travel date. Applying early allows time to apply again if your visa is initially rejected.
- If the embassy requires an in-person interview, dress professionally.
- Include a letter of invitation from the meeting organizer.
- When possible, provide proof of professional scientific and/or educational status, society membership and/or meeting registration. If you pay for registration and your visa is later denied, SAEM will refund your registration fee.
- Visa applicants are expected to provide evidence that they intend to return to their country of residence. Therefore, applicants should provide proof of binding or sufficient ties to their home country or permanent residence abroad. Visa applications are more likely to be successful if done in the visitor's home country.
- Applicants should present their entire trip itinerary, including travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of their visa application.
- All applicants must be able to qualify for a visa on their own merits under the requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. U.S. Visa Waiver Program: Enables nationals of certain countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90-days or less without obtaining a visa. For more information visit the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs.
Check to see if you qualify for discounted registration rates for SAEM17.