Wednesday, May 16, 2018
1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
Professor Rounds is the "kickoff" event for SAEM18 E-posters. Dr. D. Mark Courtney, 2017-18 SAEM President, will serve as an expert facilitator ("The Professor") for this curated session featuring a diverse selection of eight E-posters covering a variety of EM topics and submitted by various institutions. Professor Rounds is intended to highlight a small selection of fantastic posters in order to create enthusiasm for the E-poster sessions to follow throughout SAEM18.
* A Novel Method To Train Natural Language Processing To Evaluate Medical Decision Making Using Medical Student Assessments
* Use of Ultrasound in American Emergency Departments
* Perspectives on Burnout: Are Residents Better at Identifying Burnout than Program Leadership?
* Non-Invasive Cerebral Oximetry Monitoring During Pain Medication and Sedative Administration in Critically Ill Trauma Patients
* Bioethical challenges for students rotating in the emergency department
* Clinical Utility of Hendrich II Scores in Predicting Outpatient Falls
* COPD Care Bundle Implementation in Emergency Department Observation Unit Reduces Revisits – Excellence in COPD Care in the Emergency
* Telemedicine is Associated with Faster Diagnostic Testing for Rural ED Patients